Friday, July 15, 2011

How did I 'almost' brick my phone (and recovered from it)?

I use CM7 (nightly-74). When I heard that LG had released 0622 baseband version I couldn't resist to go back to stock ROM and try it out. :) And I did exactly that... However, somehow, during the update using the LG PCsuite, it said 'failed to communicate with phone' and asked me to remove battery, restart and plug in USB and start over again. When I tried that, after the LG boot-splash, I got this screen. :( And that's when I knew, I had screwed up my phone!

Then I went to modaco-forums to find that Paul had given a nice tutorial on how to flash your phone to the stock ROM (using nvflash). I successfully flashed the stock ROM. But little did I knew that worse was waiting when I would boot the phone. My baseband firmware was no more! Meaning my phone had become a wifi-tablet :(( Luckily, I found this thread in modaco-forums on how to flash baseband-firmware (using smartflash). Instructions were pretty simple and using this, at the end, I was able to get back my baseband to 0622 version :D (phewww!!)

Now, I just had to manually install CWM (ClockWorkrecovery Mod) version 4.0.0.5 and restore my CM7 (nightly-64) from the nandroid backups. Now I'm enjoying the nightly-74 on CM7 with the latest baseband firmware!

No comments:

Post a Comment